Monday, April 20, 2015

About Graphic Novels

Again, I've had another first in this class. I've never read graphic novels before, nor did I ever intend to. I thought they would all be about superheroes, and I'm not into superheroes in a literary/book kind of way. I was quite surprised at how much I actually liked them (probably more than I like verse novels).

American Born Chinese was so surprising! That twist where it all came together...I DID NOT see that coming. And then I was surprised that a graphic novel could actually surprise me. And then I was surprised that a graphic novel could be deep. Reading the critical reading (in comic form! That was cool) made these kinds of novel make much more sense, and I have a new sense of appreciation for them.

My choice graphic novel was fantastic, but if we have to blog about that, I'm going to save my comments either for class or the blog post.

So, anyway, I liked graphic novels. I never thought I would say that, but I did.

Peace, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment